Table of new and old kanji forms

This page is a table of the new (Japan-only) kanji forms (the Shinjitai (新字体)) , and their older equivalents (the Kyūjitai (旧字体), which are the forms still used in Hong Kong and Taiwan. This page is just a table. See Why do some kanji have alternative forms? for a discussion.

About the kanji links: Choose the site for kanji links at the options page.

Old / New Old / New Old / New Old / New Old / New Old / New Old / New Old / New

If you have questions, corrections, or comments, please contact Ben Bullock or use the discussion forum / Privacy policy

Book reviews Convert<br>Japanese<br>numbers Handwritten<br>kanji<br>recognition Stroke order<br>diagrams Convert<br>Japanese<br>units